Join us for worship, prayer, study, and conversation this Lent!
Join us every Wednesday from March 8 to April 5, 2017 at UniLu for a service of contemporary evening prayer at 6:30 pm, followed by “Table Talk with Bonhoeffer” over potluck supper at 7:15 pm.
For those closer to Kendall Square, the Lutheran Episcopal Ministry at MIT, where Pastor Kari Jo also serves, gathers each Wednesday at 5:15 pm in the MIT chapel for a simple but beautiful service of word and sacrament, followed by a home-cooked meal in an adjacent building. All are welcome.
A five-part exploration of J. S. Bach’s The Passion of Saint John will open our ears and imaginations. We will gather for light supper at 6 pm. From 6:30 to 7:30 pm, we will explore a section of the Passion with musician Stephen Reed as our guide, and conclude with listening and prayer. Join us every Friday from March 10 to April 7, 2017.
Explore the 14 scriptural stations of the cross using our homemade Lenten devotionals. Every Sunday, you are invited to take home a box that contains:
- A Bible passage narrating a moment on the path Jesus traveled from his arrest to his crucifixion and burial
- A small work of wearable art wrought in metal by UniLu member Alice Argon
- A brief explanation of the Stations tradition with the overview of all 14 stations
Use the box for devotions throughout the week. The next Sunday, return it and choose a different one.
Throughout the Season
Join members of the UniLu community in their homes for a potluck brunch or dinner gathering. Three have been scheduled, all accessible by public transportation:
- Sunday, March 19 from 1:30 to 3:30 pm in Cambridge
- Sunday, March 26 from 6 to 8 pm in Cambridge
- Saturday, April 2 (time to be determined) in Arlington
If you would like to participate, please sign up by emailing Jayms Battaglia, UniLu’s campus and community coordinator, at email@example.com.
For Lent 2017, ELCA Advocacy invites us to complete the “I Was a Stranger” Challenge. Read about the challenge and download the ‘I Was a Stranger’ Challenge bookmark.