We are a Christian ministry of and to members of the academic communities of Cambridge and Greater Boston. We are a congregation of young and old, students and resident members, men and women affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
We strive to be a place to worship, to hear the Word of God proclaimed, to receive the Sacraments, to be nourished in the Christian faith, and to care for one another. We are a Reconciling in Christ congregation seeking greater inclusivity in our church for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We are also home to the Harvard Square Homeless Shelter during both winter and some summer months.
We are a community drawn together by the desire for worship, study, community and service.
- Editorial experience
- Strong commination skills including experience with Microsoft Publisher, on-line news, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Facebook, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented, comfortable with a collaborative work environment
- Highly motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
- Strong organizational skills (meeting deadlines, time management, follow-up, etc)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Passes Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check.
- Provides editorial oversight for all in-house and external publications
- Works with key leaders e.g. the webmaster, the Campus and Community Coordinator, the Instagram administrator to ensure that content is fresh, timely and accurate.
- Produces the weekly E-News and weekly announcements for insertion in the Sunday
- With the Campus and Community Coordinator helps edit and publish Facebook page
- The Communications Coordinator teams with the Pastor and the Campus and Community Coordinator.
- The Communications Coordinator is an up to a 10 hour per week, hourly paid position.
- Days and hours worked to be decided with the Campus and Community Coordinator, including attendance at weekly staff meeting.
- May do work from a remote location.
To apply, please email a letter of intent and resume to the church office at email@example.com.